Friday, August 06, 2010

Glory to God Panamanian Style!

Well we just finished our Victory Services in our mission sites. That is where we give glory to God for what He has allowed us to see this week! I was at the Mananitas site (1 of 6 sites) all week and got to see the Gospel shared with 53 people and 22 of them prayed to accept Christ as their Lord and Savior! I will be able to report the totals from all sites, stories, and pictures once I return from the states and I have had a chance to catch my breath.

One of my visits to a house stood out to me, we were able to present the Gospel to 5 adults and they were attentive, but at the end they just started asking if Baptists (which was the denomination of the church we were partnered with) and Catholics were the same. I asked them if they believed the Bible was God's Word, and they said "yes". I said we also believe that. I then proceeded to pull out our e3 track which is laid out like a questionnaire with Bible passages by each question that holds God's answer. I asked them if they had a Bible and they pulled out a few. We then started to go through the questions. I found out quickly that they didn't know how to lookup a verse, so I started to teach them how to do it. I taught the head of the household first and then moved on to help someone else. By the time I got back to the head of the household he was on the third or fourth question and he was just devouring God's Word! What a great site to see, someone having the Word of God unlocked for them! Then we had the whole group look at question 5, which asks if good works save you. Many of them answered "yes". The verse for question 5 is Ephesians 2:8-9, which clearly says we are saved by grace through faith. You could see their eyes change when they started to understood this truth from God's Word!

Please keep praying for the mission sites! My American team is done, but the work goes on! Many new babies in Christ that need to be spoon fed the milk of the Word, and the Panamanian churches are the ones that are here to do it for the long term.

No comments: